Saturday, August 2, 2008

Leaving on a jet plane

I just dropped Kats off at the airport, and now I am all by my lonesome. Well, except for 3 hungry kitties who love to pester me for food when I'm the only one home because they know I'll give in. (I'm waiting until 5, Kath, I promise. :)

Things I am looking forward to while Katherine is away:
1) Cleaning and reorganizing (which means dusting the same bookshelf over and over and looking at pictures and really not getting anywhere).
2) Cleaning out the fridge (Kath doesn't like when I throw old food away if it's still edible, but I can't help it - I like an empty fridge because then I can refill it).
3) Having an entire 1/2 of the bed to myself (because with Katherine gone, Puck can take up her side, and I'll get my side to myself).
4) Coming up with a new diet plan that involves weird food restrictions (right now I'm thinking of limiting myself to all raw fruits and veggies - salsas, chickpea salads, etc.).
5) Going to the Java House and reading the New York Times tomorrow.

Hmmm... doing my "single" activities doesn't quite compare to vacationing on the Cape, but... oh well. I'll make the most of it. Starting tonight with the leftover bottle of wine and some romantic comedies.

1 comment:

Shamrock said...

We will miss you too! Enjoy your quiet times with the kitties.