Thursday, June 26, 2008

I'm starting to wonder...

... if I have mysterious universe-controlling powers.

Strange circumstances have occurred lately that have made me question my acquisition of a new supernatural ability.

Fyi, I do have some supernatural powers. ESP-with my sister (this is true: we once communicated the word "lobotomy" in Pictionary via ESP, as well as other instances). Kitty whispering (similar to horse whispering, although perhaps not as glamorous, but practical - good for retraining kitties to use litterboxes). Flying (occurred many times in my sleep during childhood - I believe it's one of those developmentally regulated powers, though, that's lost as an adult).

So, what are these circumstances?
1) I wished that I still lived near a large body of water.... the Iowa River flooded and a large body of water was located only a half-mile away.

2) I told Kath - on the drive into the hospital - that I wished my rotation would end a week early. And it was cancelled - THAT day.

3) I didn't want to spend all day in the lab today, but had promised to help a coworker with a protocol at which I am the lab "expert". Only, early on, he smashed the tube containing his experimental sample, preventing us from continuing on. This allowed me to leave early and head to the Java House for some quality jazzy coffeehouse music while studying.

Maybe I should try using these powers for good. I think I will wish that I have a cool refreshing drink. Hmmm... I seem to find myself propelled towards the cash register to get an iced tea.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Halt said...

am I the lobotomy sister?

I think I am. In that case, I bet I have universe-controlling powers too! Let's try ..

I wish I had an unexpected infusion of money.

I'll check the mailbox tomorrow and see if it worked!

Tee-hee.