
We rearranged the bedroom this weekend. It's been long overdue, and I love it. We now can fit the kitties' chair next to the window (which they LOVE), and we have a cushy place to sit and read with the morning sun streaming through the window. I was supposed to buy a new mattress cover, but instead I bought a featherbed mattress topper. Ooh la la! It's like sleeping in a plush hotel bed - one that envelops you and with the down comforther on top, prevents you from getting up to shut the alarm off in the morning.
On another note, why is it that a $10 hideous orange velour chair from the Goodwill has survived for 5 years and has not been replaced? Could it be because it is small and so comfy and a great scratching post for the kitties? I think this chair will still be in our house in 50 years. In fact, I can practically guarantee it. I think I will have to relegate it to Katherine's future "Notre Dame Room", since it's gold and will match so well. :)
6 comments:
very nice!
maybe you can relegate it to the 'Me & Atlas' room. With the fur from three cats, Atlas would be in heaven, no doubt, and I might actually get a bed all to myself! :-)
Gotta love it when you find the perfect bed/bedding. It makes all the difference in the world!
Like your chair, we are missing the old 'college' couch Shaun used to have. Man was that comfortable! We finally found another that was pretty good, but it is no longer being made so the hunt continues on.
Yes... I am loving the new mattress topper. It doesn't slide around at all - I was worried about that. My back is loving it too. It was starting to twinge again, but this is so supportive and cushions your whole body. Makes it very difficult to get up.
Good luck with the couch search! :)
Lib - with the fur from 3 cats, I doubt YOU would be able to live in that room.
Isn't that the truth! The Goodwill/Garage Sale furniture never seems to go away! BUT you buy something new, and it's done for in a few years. Hmmm..
Ooh... the description of your comfy bed makes me want to jump back in mine - after working 30 hours this weekend I am tired.
Do you really like that feather bed topper? Is it roasting? What kind did you get? Because I'm contemplating getting one. It's either that or a Tempurpedic...
Hi Cyndi -
I do like the feather bed topper - it was just from Target (woolrich brand I think), and is actually the "fake" feather bed topper since the one with real feathers seemed kind of pokey. It is warmer, but I love that this time of year. I think we'll end up taking it off of the bed in the summer, however.
Post a Comment