We talked about hope last night at Coffeehouse. About how "real hope" is waiting for something that you know will happen rather than just wishful thinking. And about how hope sometimes needs confirmation to keep having that faith.
I have hope. This is my miracle....
I moved to Minneapolis in January after I graduated from college. My car was old. (I drove to Minneapolis from Superior Wisconsin with no brakes - that is another story - but just to set the scene.) I was driving to work at the U from a west suburb one snowy, slushy morning during rush hour traffic. On the way, my wipers died. Just as a semi was passing me. My windshield was COMPLETELY covered in muddy slush. I prayed the road would not curve and just kept the car going in a straight line until the windshield cleared due to the wind. I made it to work with no mishaps, though. That night, after a long day in the lab, I had no idea how I was going to get home. Minneapolis was in the midst of a winter storm - the snow was coming down like mad. I walked out to my car and figured I'd give it a try to see if the wipers worked. I sat down, turned the car on, and VOILA! The wipers worked. I drove home through the blustery weather - snow plows and police everywhere. I pulled into the driveway, turned the car off, and breathed a sigh of relief. Then, I wondered.... I turned the car back on.... and the windshield wipers no longer worked.
That may be a bit less dramatic than walking on water, but it had the same effect. Whenever I have doubts in life, I think back to that moment and remember.... God loves me. And I have hope.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
This is very confusing to me. Why don't I remember you moving to Mpls in Jan? I thought that happened during an internship.
Regardless, I remember how I felt when you called me and told me that you had driven half the way there with no brakes. But it was *such* a funny story that I couldn't stop laughing anyway.
And yes, He does. :) As do I. :) I should try to find something like your Coffeehouse around here - would be good conversations.
The no brakes story really is a funny one. Katherine still cannot believe that I did it. And looking back on that episode, I really think it was quite crazy and I would never do that now. Oh well. I was young and foolish at the time. I'm much older and wiser now. :)
That is a good story. Don't ever give up that hope.
God DOES love you! He never leaves us...ever. It is these "Windshield Wiper Moments" that remind us each and every day that He is always with us. His love is SO big! Thank you so much for sharing this story.
"Faith, Hope, and Love..."
Post a Comment