I'm watching Nova's "Intelligent Design on Trial" right now. This is an amazing documentary about the Dover, PA School Board's mandate to promote intelligent design as an alternative "theory" to evolution. It clearly shows the lack of any real science behind intelligent design and the vast amount of scientific data that supports evolution. It also shows that, despite the proponents of ID stating that it's not creationism in disguise, the author of the major ID biology book available had the intent to write a text with both creationism and evolution. One of the most damning pieces of evidence was the mistake in replacing "CREATIONISTS" throughout the text with "design proponents" : Cdesign proponentsISTS.
I wish I could sit down with the "scientists" at the Discovery Institute. Dudes, faith is not a testable hypothesis that can be proven or disproven. That's the beauty of it. Hence, it's not science.
Of course, one didn't really have to wonder what the outcome of the ID trial would be when George W. Bush put his support behind it as a valid scientific alternative to evolution....
And the federal judge who made the ruling against the school board received death threats! I guess those Christians who sent those are proponents of the Inquisition as well!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This is a new topic to me; I shall have to look into it. I do have a little old lady trying to hook me into going with her to her Baptist church. It is her, not the church, I am trying to keep my distance from. She has no problem calling at any time if day/evening for help when she is in pain in any number of different regions. I'm glad she isn't living quite as close to us anymore:)
Post a Comment