I love December and Christmastime, but then I love when January arrives. I love cleaning up and putting away all of the extra decorations and "stuff". As Katherine will attest to, I can only take so much "stuff" before I start to feel the need to start purging. I think she worries about what I may have tossed without her knowledge. (Nothing, of course! I would never. I think she really just worries about what she allowed me to toss in a moment of weakness.)
I love January as well, for resolution-making. I make the same resolutions every year - lose weight, be healthier, etc. But as I've aged, I've relaxed my rules (a little). Now, when I mess up, I'm ok with getting back on track rather than giving up on a resolution completely. For example, I still haven't begun my Jillian 30 Day Shred DVD - I have to do it for 30 days before I can take a fun class. If I was 10 years younger, I would be berating myself for not starting yet, and since it's already January 15, I would declare this resolution a failure. Now, the wiser me realizes that it's ok... maybe I'll start today and maybe I'll start tomorrow. Or next week. Or on a Tuesday.
So, I guess my resolution to become healthier is a success! I'll take a healthier attitude if I can't lose my little chip baby just yet. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment