Sunday, November 2, 2008

Live, from Pittsburgh...

Sunday 11:15am Panera in the Oakland area of Pittsburgh

Sitting around me are many other people like myself typing on their computers. However, as I look around, PCs seems to be dominating over Macs. Interesting. I wonder what this means.

My thrill thus far for the morning was that the time changed last night. Yahoo. I did not realize this until I noticed the discrepancy between the alarm clock and my cell phone this morning. So, I went back to sleep for an hour. The woman in the room next door to me came in at 1 am and had the loudest, most grating voice EVER. It sounded like she was yelling next to my bed. So, learning about that extra hour was like Christmas in November.

Pittsburgh is a pretty city. Lots of interesting architecture around me with trees in fall colors. The city is surrounded by rivers... however, that does make me a little concerned about flooding. I never would have worried about this in the past, but...

All right. I'm off to find a watch battery. And, I did see some people walk past with Starbucks cups. I wonder if Starbucks has their peppermint mocha in season as it is now November and Christmas comes early in the retail business. Maybe I'll take advantage of that atrocity.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope your trip went well this weekend!

HollyMarie said...

Unfortunately, for the first time ever, I totally forgot about the time change. The girls and I showed up for church an hour early... grrrrrr... at least I had the excuse that my invalid husband was recovering from surgery and I was oh so consumed with caring for him and my girls that I forgot! ;)