Monday, July 7, 2008

Random blips from a weekend that included "Lips"

1. This weekend marked the 6th anniversary of when Katherine and I started hanging out. A 2002 4th of July trip to see Melissa Etheridge that included lots of talking in the car. We thought it was appropriate that we were heading to Des Moines to see a rock festival in the same car.

2. Amazingly, we had not been to Des Moines to visit Joe since Christmas. Horrors!

3. Ingrid Michaelson is a fabulous singer. I first heard her singing a song featured in this past Christmas' Gap ad.

4. I learned the theory behind Rothko color field paintings. He wants the viewer to connect emotionally to his work. This makes me wonder if the Rothkos that make me cringe inside are supposed to invoke that response. I still love ours the best.

5. Joe learned that I like modern art because of the greater propensity to see "art" that you look at and think... "Huh?" It's never dull.

6. Yoshimi won't let those robots defeat me.

7. Joe thinks that I will be the lax parent and Kath will be the disciplinarian. I beg to differ. He bases this conclusion on my permissive behavior with the kitties. I say, "Kitties are not kiddies."

8. Gin and tonics are nice, relaxing summer drinks. Joe commented that all of his friends like G&Ts. Kath says that's because all of Joe's friends are laid-back, relaxed people.

9. Kath thinks Joe's song should be "It's hard out here for a pimp."

10. And the big news from today........... Puck lost 2 lbs over the past year!!!!!!!!!! Woo- hoo! She is no longer morbidly obese for a kitty!

All in all, a great 4th of July.

2 comments:

Elizabeth Halt said...

Woo-hoo! Go Puck! Man, she is a slow loser, LOL.

I adore Rothko. And I still adore my own Rothko-esque painting, which no one but me "gets" apparently.

I remember that weekend. I had lovely car-ride-naps.

Unknown said...

Good for Puck, and for you for helping her. :)