Well, not really. I don't mind the rain so much. It's one of those gray, rainy mornings, and after I woke up at 7am to feed the kitties, I curled up in bed again and drifted back to sleep because when it's raining on the weekend, I feel like I just don't need to get up quite so early.
I have some laundry going. Puck is sleeping next to me on the couch, and I'm half-way into my first cup of coffee.
We stayed up past our bedtime last night watching basketball, so I'm a bit slow and sluggish this morning. I'll need that second cup of coffee because I need to get up the energy to scour the floors. We found a dead, skinned, partially-eaten mouse on the carpet when we came home last night. Although I've killed many mice in my life, working in the lab, the sight of this kitty-plaything that clearly had been tortured to death made my stomach curdle. I think this particular mouse had been around for a while, because the kitties were fascinated by the underside of the stove every so often. I am glad they were successful hunters. It's good to know they keep our home safe from being overrun by mice in our absence. It's just the idea that there might be little mouse guts or scattered molecular traces of blood around (because I'm sure Ty had so much fun tossing it around and chasing after it) means that I will not rest easy until the floors are shiny and smell like Pine-sol.
And, I'm sure that as soon as I finish, Ty will bring up a nice mouse-filled hairball, and I'll need to do it all over again. Maybe I'd better plan on that third cup of coffee today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
If they ever catch a guinea pig, let us know :). Love the rain, too!! Laura
Post a Comment