Thursday, July 7, 2011

(PMS) x (PMS)=

Trouble. And conversations like this.

Me:"I overheard that lady say a rubbish truck was on fire."
K: "Maybe that was the burnt rubber smell. Maybe someone put something flammable in the trash."
Me:"That reminds me... we need to get rid of that can of propane. I don't like having it in the house."
K: "We can put it in the garage."
Me: "No, I don't want it in the garage. It's too flammable."
K: "Where do you think people keep it?"
Me: "I don't care. I don't want it around. We don't even use that grill."
K: "What if we have a large cookout?"
Me: "I just don't want a can of propane around. It's dangerous! When have we ever had a large cookout? We would never use that grill anyway."
K: "We would if we had a large cookout."
Me: "We wouldn't use 2 grills if we had a large cookout. Anyway, that other grill is tiny."
K: "Fine. We can get rid of it. What if we needed it for camping? I guess you would say we wouldn't need it."
Me: (Silence)
K: "We'll probably never go camping."
Me: (Silence)

(Picture smoke coming out of the ears of 2 people in the car... like in cartoons.)

And then "I Bust the Windows Out [of] Your Car" came on next on the ipod. Perfectly timed angry breakup song.

Argh. Stupid PMS.
(FYI: We did kiss and make up. We're not still fighting over a silly can of propane.)

5 comments:

CheckerBeads said...

LOL. When I first started on my CPAP at night, I used suplimental oxygen, and they gave me a huge tank in case the power went out. I finally called and made them take it away. Talk about a hazard! The company calls the fire department to tell them you have it in the house even, so if your house catches on fire, they won't come in. I couldn't take the pressure. Plus I can't use my CPAP if the power goes out anyways! Lucky I no longer need the oxygen.

Anne

Laura Jean said...

That's why I live with a dude.

Laura Jean said...

I KID, of course. ;)

Amy said...

Yikes, Anne! Glad you don't have that pressure!
Laura - I feel like the same sort of situations happen with any couple. I just like to blame it on the PMS, rather than my cheerful disposition. :)

Anonymous said...

I can confirm that these conversations happen in hetero couples. My pickpickpick lines begin with "What about" and his with "What if," and I am more likely to smoke from the ears. ESPECIALLY during PMS...which I remind him monthly does not so much make me cranky as much as it lowers my tolerance for his lesser qualities.

You won't believe this, but I think my PMS has the same effect on him. :P

P.S. I have been remiss in keeping up on your blog. I promise to do better, for I miss you both.