Sunday, May 2, 2010

Life is unfair

Yesterday Kath and I ate our lunch on Monument Beach and then went for a long walk on the Cape Cod Canal. All in the gloriously beautiful 70 degree sunny weather. We were going to sit on the beach longer, but there was a large amount of smoke billowing up over the canal... reminiscent of a fire... and we wanted to find out the origin of the smoke..

As we were driving home last night, and then getting ready for bed, I noticed that both of us had a reddish hue on our sun-exposed areas. Me on my nose and arms... Kath on her face and neck.

This morning, Katherine just looks tan.

Me, I still look like Rudolph.

4 comments:

Elizabeth Halt said...

I feel your pain.

I curse our pale Finnish genes.

Elizabeth Halt said...

Wait. Isn't Katherine Irish? She should be pale and freckled. Not tan.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that might be the French Canadian side...I frequently get a little pink, which turns to tan the next day.

Leanne said...

Oy vey. My skin is so very pale. So pale. Please hurry, summer. :D