Saturday, July 11, 2009

So many things...

1. We've been living on Cape Cod for 1 month now... I miss Iowa, but it's this vague thought that seems so long ago. I love the summer weather here on the ocean, and I do not miss Iowa summers. I do, however, miss Iowa peoples. :)

2. Kath has been busy, busy, busy painting our apartment. Thankfully we bought "natural" paint with minimal fumes, otherwise she'd be permanently high by now. It looks so wonderful, though... It's finally becoming "our" place. We just have to finish the kitchen, but we're actually going to be living there as of this Sunday. I'm so excited.

3. I've been an intern for a full 8 days now. I've been learning so much, and have so much to learn. Writing prescriptions for my patients at my outpatient medicine clinic really made it seem real. I can write a prescription... I'm a doctor. Crazy.

4. The kitties are doing so well with the move. They survived the car trip beautifully and have adjusted to living on Cape Cod quite well. They've been better house guests than I imagined... I don't think they'll love going for another car ride tomorrow... albeit a shorter one. I do think they'll love their new home, though. It will have their familiar furniture, and lots and lots of lovely windows.

5. I'm going to love living in Rhode Island. It has little quirks, like "extremely" friendly drivers who stop oncoming traffic to allow you to make a left turn, who let you in without hesitation in backed up traffic on the interstate, umpteen million potholes in Providence, and our little area in Providence is very neighborhoody and lovely. Coffee shops, restaurants, a boulevard with jogging/biking paths, and a very residential feel.

All in all, this move has been good. It has been everything that I imagined it will be. And Kath even learned about an outstanding art fest with >1000 artists that occurs in a little town outside Providence... Life is good.

5 comments:

anne said...

Sounds awesome. :) Life is good.

Anne

Elizabeth Halt said...

when is the art fest? maybe i can come some year for it!

5. that sounds wonderful - perfect for you!

2. i can't wait to see photos of your place!

3. see .. i don't need health insurance! all i ever visit my dr. for is the occasional random prescription. and now i have you! (kidding, just in case the medical police read this)

Unknown said...

Hmmm. Sounds like a lovely place! I keep trying to call you with possible new news but must keep getting the wrong time. That's ok; by the time I do get ahold of you, maybe we will know more for sure. :)

Amy said...

Hey Laura... sorry, my phone ran out of batteries a few days ago, and I just charged it last night... I'll give you a call this evening from our new apartment. :)

Lib, I'll be posting photos in the next few weeks as we finish putting stuff away, etc...

Nope. no rx from me. :)
Thanks, Anne. :)

Cyndi said...

Your new home looks/sounds terrific! I hope all continues to go superbly well for you and Katherine!