The other night, Katherine and I were playing our random "would you give up ... for me?" game. Of course, she had to pick my greatest love/addiction - chips. Especially Frito Lay sour cream and onion chips. So, I had to stop and think for a minute when she asked "chips or me?"... but just for a moment. This soon degenerated into making up the following scenario....
K (to me after a day in the lab): "I smell chips on your breath."
A: "They didn't mean anything. It was only a one-time thing. I'll never do it again. It's not about the relationship. It's just about the eating."
K: "Too bad. I gave you the ultimatum. Chips or me. It's too late."
A: "Please, just one more chance. I can give up chips."
K: "Nope, you had your chance..."
It was quite amusing.
So, yesterday, when Katherine was eating hummus with pita chips and said that she loooooooves hummus, I had to ask...
"Would you give up hummus for me?" She said yes.
These are definitely the true tests of a successful relationship. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I understand the connection with the title now! :) I have done quite well with watching my chip intake; better than I thought I could. I stick maintly w/tortilla chips and sunchips (you are right, the garden salsa ones are yummy!); everyonce in a while (usually due to eating @ Subway) I get something different. The nice thing is the others don't always give me headaches, so maybe I was wrong. However, lean pockets definitely do! I will now be giving them up (I tested them twice in excellent non-HA months).
I definitely think that certain chips could give you headaches. I wonder if it's related to MSG? It's one of the most common food additives (I teach this in my Food additives lecture for the undergrad pharm course) and is in so many processed foods. Many people are sensitive to it. I have noticed it's in a lot of chips myself.
I think you should try a very non-processed diet. I bet it would help. We have been moving towards organic/fresh/non-processed food.
I assumed it was MSG related which was my reasoning for cutting out the chips in the first place. However, there have been times where we've played video games and eaten a whole lot of 'bad' chips and I didn't get anything (both of which should have made me sick and/or given me a HA). Who knows. I have been doing better w/non-processed items in my sandwhichs now that I am only doing local schools and not on the road all day.
I was about to ask to try new meds, but I've been doing really well for the last 1-2 months that I don't want to change anything right now.
Post a Comment